Bookmark and Print This Page and
check back here for updates prior to the event.
Details for Your Brutal Self Defense Seminar
You made a great decision registering for the "BrutalSelf-Defense" seminar February 27 & 28th, 2016
Below are some things you must do and know before arriving for the seminar:
Internet Marketing Training Center of Virginia
498 S. Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Phone at SchooL: 757-687-5190
Tom's Cell: 301-346-7403
Norfolk International Airport (ORF)
Directions: NOTE - GPS and even Google Maps are not accurate in this area. They list the building at the wrong place. Follow these directions exactly and you shouldn't have any trouble.
- Take Route 264 to Exit 17A Independence Blvd south (Toward Princess Anne)
- Get in the left lane.
- Pass 7/11 on the Left at "Edwin Lane" (there is a stop light at Edwin Lane)
- Pass Edwin Lane,
- On your left will be "Mt. Trashmore Lake"
- The School is the First Building on the left past the lake. Plenty of FREE Parking.
We will start Promptly at 9 AM
We will provide Notebooks and Pens
It is mandatory you read this article prior to arriving: "Marked for Mayhem"
CLOTHING & HYGIENE
Please be showered and have a fresh outfit on for each day. You will be in extremely close proximity to others. Breath mints / sprays are recommended.
You can buy some of your own or use ours. We will have disinfectant wipes available.
Keep in mind you do NOT have to have or use any equipment to complete the class.
- Fingerless MMA Gloves or fingerless Bicycle Gloves
- Martial Arts Headgear with Full Facemask - These are easy to find on Amazon or Ebay in the $30-$100 range.
- Kneepads - We will NOT have these available. Hard Plastic Kneepads can be picked up at any Lowes or Home Depot type store. Wrestling type soft Kneepads can be ordered online and I suggest you wear them around a little over several days to break them in before you come to Virginia Beach.
- Elbow Pads
- Forearm Pads
- Sports bras are recommended (I think I should probably wear one) hahaha.
- Men wear a cup if you want. We recommend "Nutty Buddy"brand hahaha. Yes this is a men's cup and I won't be wearing mine.
- Backpack (optional). Handy to keep all your stuff together AND we'll be teaching it's use as a weapon and shield in self-defense.
Pictures of equipment are available at: http://www.BrutalSelfDefense.com
Women if you typically wear high heels, bring an old pair with you along with a pair of athletic shoes / sneakers. Men and women bring the kind of shoes you normally wear. Bring several pairs so you don't track dirt onto the mats.
Men and women please wear the kinds of clothes you normally wear. The same kind of shoes, pants, skirts, shirts, blouses, etc. Holes or stains are OK because we don't want to ruin brand new stuff. You will be grabbed, poked, smacked, put on the floor etc. so no need to damage new outfits.
FIREARMS AND OTHER WEAPONS
You will not be allowed to bring an accessible firearm or other weapon into the building. Lock it up in your car or bring a lockbox in to the training facility with your weapon(s) already unloaded and secured in the lock box. I will lock the box in a storage closet. I will have the only accessible live ammunition in the building in my concealed carry magazines and weapon (although I may not be carrying concealed). Do not bring any weapons at all into the building that are not legal in Virginia. Discuss with me prior to arriving in Virginia.
We will NOT be doing warm ups. The bad guys will not be giving you a chance to warm up so we will concentrate on techniques that reduce or eliminate the need to warm up. If you feel you must warm up, please do it at your hotel before you arrive, or arrive AT 8:30 am...early enough where you can go off in a corner and do it without bothering the setup crew.
LUNCH AND SNACKS
Lunch will be 90 minutes on your own breaking at approximately 12:30. We will have a list of local restaurants and convenience stores available. We will go until AT LEAST 6 PM both days. Bring power bars and/or snacks if you need to keep your energy up. We have a refrigerator and microwave available. Please mark any of your foods so they don't get mixed up in our refrigerator.
I can't wait to see you in Virginia Beach. I hope you never have to face a violent encounter, but I want you to be able to call me up afterwards if you do. - Tom Antion